Committee of Industry Leaders From Indoor Agriculture, Grocery, Specialty Food, Commercial Real Estate, Hemp, Other Sectors To Provide Guidance, Insights To Help Shape 2021 Exposition & Conference
PRESS RELEASE – Indoor Ag-Con, the premier trade show for the indoor agriculture | vertical farming industry, announces the formation of its inaugural advisory board. Bringing together industry leaders from across the agriculture supply chain – from indoor farming to grocers to commercial real estate – the new board will advise and help shape the educational conference and exhibition floor offerings of the May 16-18, 2021 edition of Indoor Ag-Con and other new initiatives planned for the coming year.
“As we look at the challenges and opportunities the Covid-19 crisis has brought to live events and indoor agriculture, it’s more important than ever that we work with a group of recognized thought leaders in the industry to act as our Advisory Board to guide us in the right direction as we plan our 2021 event,” said Nancy Hallberg, co-owner, Indoor Ag-Con.
“Taking this a step further, we wanted our board to include leaders from key industry sectors that drive and intersect with indoor agriculture, like grocery business, commercial real estate, alternative crops and others,” adds Brian Sullivan, co-owner, Indoor Ag-Con. “For 2021, successful indoor agriculture business development strategies will be the primary focus for our event. The insights and intelligence we’ll gather from these successful leaders of indoor agriculture, as well as a number of the sectors our attendees and exhibitors hope to do business with, will go a long way in shaping meaningful content, networking and exhibition opportunities.”
- Samuel Bertram, CEO | Co-Founder, OnePointOne, Inc.
- Julie Emmett, Senior Director, Retail Partnerships Plant Based Foods Association
- Greg Ferrara, President & CEO, National Grocers Association
- Henry Gordon Smith, CEO & Managing Director, Agritecture
- Marni Karlin, Executive Director, CEA Food Safety Coalition
- Tracy Lee, Division Lead, CEA Department, Sakata Seed Company
- Jody McGinness, Executive Director, Hemp Industries Association
- Tim McGuinness, Sterling Advisory Group & Former SVP, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Chris Nemchek, President, Coach Global Solutions & Former SVP, Specialty Food Association
- Matt Roy, Vice President of Business Development Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA), Tanimura & Antle
- E. Austin Webb, CEO & Co-Founder, Fifth Season, Powered By Robotany
- Nona Yehia, CEO | Co-Founder ,Vertical Harvest
For 2021, Indoor Ag-Con will co-locate with The National Grocers Association (NGA) Show, the leading trade show and conference for independent grocers. The combined event will be held at the new Caesars Forum Convention Center in Las Vegas from May 16-18, 2021. The NGA Show and Indoor Ag-Con visitors will have access to all exhibits, and discounts will be available for cross-over educational event attendance.
ABOUT INDOOR AG-CON
Founded in 2013, Indoor Ag-Con has emerged as the premier trade event for vertical farming | indoor agriculture, the practice of growing crops in indoor systems, using hydroponic, aquaponic and aeroponic techniques. Its events are crop-agnostic and touch all sectors of the business, covering produce, legal cannabis |hemp, alternate protein and non-food crops. In December 2018, three event industry professionals – Nancy Hallberg, Kris Sieradzki and Brian Sullivan – acquired Indoor Ag-Con LLC , so setting the stage for further expansion of the events globally. More information: https://indoor.ag