Announcing a Course Offering by the ADVANCEA Academy
Introduction to Greenhouse Environmental Control for Crop Production
January 4 – March 28, 2024
This course is fully online with weekly live sessions on Thursdays 6:00 – 8:00 PM Eastern US Time and available via recorded lectures
Course Fee: $299
“Introduction to Greenhouse Environmental Control for Crop Production” is a 13-week certificate course designed and offered by ADVANCEA. The course will provide students with foundational information about the essentials of greenhouse environment control for a variety of commonly-grown crops.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course will provide a strong understanding of greenhouse environment control to those who are already employed in the industry, or those enrolled in an academic program with desire to learn about environmental controls in greenhouse systems.The course is designed to be equivalent to an upper-level college course and requires entry-level understanding of modern greenhouse production systems.
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will
- Review greenhouse crop production systems and management strategies
- Be able to describe why and how important environmental parameters are controlled using sensors and control systems
- Gain sufficient insight in the basics of energy and mass transfer to understand the key plant-environment interactions in greenhouses
- Learn the basics of sensors and control logic to optimize greenhouse conditions
- Become familiar with recent developments in greenhouse control strategies
Course instructors include researchers from the U.S. & the Netherlands (Delphy)
- A.J. Both, Rutgers University
- Murat Kacira, University of Arizona
- Chieri Kubota, Ohio State University
- Peter Ling, Ohio State University
- Guil Signorini, Ohio State University
- Ken Tran, Koidra Inc.
- Fengqi You, Cornell University
- Laura Bautista, Delphy
- Lisanne Helmus-Schuddebeurs, Delphy
- Stijn Jochems, Delphy
- Alex van Klink, Delphy
- Max van den Hemel, Delphy
This course is specifically designed for individuals with a non-engineering background and entry-level understanding of controlled environment crop production in greenhouses.
This course can be taken synchronously (live) or asynchronously (via recordings)